Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Tale of two fabrics


This is the fabric I bought with no real project in mind. It's hard to tell (because I'm a terrible photographer), but it's yellow, and there's an embroidered pattern as well. Super cute. I'm thinking I want to make a summer shirt. I actually went to buy the pattern on line, thinking to save myself the trip north, but the shipping to Canada was as much as the pattern. Ridiculous.


The second fabric I bought while checking out a fabric store not that far from my place (verdict: pretty good! Nice fabrics, well labelled, seemed cheap enough, plus they had notions, which was exciting. No patterns, though.) I believe it's a crepe - I've only sewn with cottons before, so that should be fun. The funny thing is that I bought it with the memory of having ordered a Colette shirt pattern online, but when I got home I remembered that I'd bought a dress pattern, but the shirt was out of stock. So now I have 2 fabrics and no patterns! Oops.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds EXACTLY like yarn shopping -- I buy yarn I like, sometimes with a pattern in mind, get home and realize the pattern needs a totally different kind of yarn, or double the amount of the yarn I bought on clearance... I have a huge collection of patterns and yarn that don't match each other. Ridiculous!
    Oh, weird, I can comment with my livejournal account. Okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed with what you've done. I don't know if you can order from them, but Joann's has certain days each month when patterns (Simplicity, McCalls, Butterick, New Look) go on sale for 99cents each. Even with shipping to Canada, it would be a steal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, sadly they don't ship to Canada at all. I'll just have to keep looking!

    ReplyDelete